Peppermint Chocolate Trifle
Chocolate Peppermint TrifleIngredients:
For the Cake:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the whipped cream:
2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 Peppermint candy canes, crushed
1 tablespoon semi-sweet baking chocolate, grated
For the chocolate filling
1 (3.9 oz) package instant Chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
Peppermint baking chips
- Heat oven to 375°. Line a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick spray grease with butter.
- In stand mixer, add eggs. Whip on high for 5 minutes until light in color and thickened. Turn mixer to low and add vanilla and water.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to eggs and beat just until batter is smooth.
- Spread batter evenly on cake pan. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely. Whip chocolate pudding mix with milk until soft set. In another container, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add cream to pudding and mix well.
- Add peppermint baking chips and fold together.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- To assemble trifle, break up cake and divide into 3 portions. Line the bottom of the trifle dish with 1/3 of the cake.
- Top with 1/2 of the chocolate pudding mixture. Top with 1/3 of the whipped cream. Add more cake, pudding, cream. Them cake and cream.
- Garnish with crushed peppermints and grated chocolate.