1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup flour, sifted
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons soft butter
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Butter two 9-inch cake pans well.
- Put eggs in blender container, cover and process at “stir” until light yellow in color.
- Push “mix” button, remove cover and add remaining ingredients; process until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake 20 minutes; then reduce heat to 350°F and bake 10 minutes.
- Slide onto hot plates.
- Serve with lemon slices, powdered sugar and butter if you follow recipes to the letter, raspberry syrup if you’re my mom or maple syrup and fresh berries if you’re us.