Zucchini, Ham, Basil and Ricotta Fritters
1 cup self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
20 grams (3/4 ounces) butter, melted [I translated this as 1 1/2 tablespoons]
1/3 cup (2 1/2 fluid ounces) milk
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
1/4 cup torn basil leaves
75 grams (2 2/3 ounces) leg ham, torn
1 zucchini (courgette), cut into long, thin strips
Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- Place the flour eggs, butter, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Fold through the ricotta, basil, ham and zucchini.
- Place two tablespoon of the oil in a small frying pan [I used a light coating of olive oil spray] and heat over medium heat.
- Add half of the mixture to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until bubbles appear on the surface. Set aside.
- Add another two tablespoons of the oil and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Cut into wedges to serve.