Enormous Egg RollsFilling Ingredients:
2 lb. ground beef
1 head of bok choy or small head of cabbage sliced thinly
1 medium carrot, sliced with a vegetable peeler
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, grated
Egg Roll Wrappers
Cooking oil for frying
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup Yellow mustard
1 tablespoon horseradish
- Preheat skillet. Drizzle with olive oil. Brown ground beef. Add onion, cabbage, garlic, and carrot. Cook uncovered until vegetables are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add cilantro and ginger, and cook until cilantro is wilted, this will take just a few minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Combine ingredients for spicy mustard, set aside.
- Preheat oil for frying, either use a deep fryer, or a skillet with enough oil to submerge egg-rolls to 350 degrees.
- Flour your work surface. Take an egg-roll wrapper and flour each side and shake off the excess. Put about 2 heaping tablespoons of the filling in the wrapper and fold like a burrito. Place the egg-roll wrapper so that it is in a diamond shape facing you, not a square shape, and start to roll, tucking in the edges. You may need to adjust the amount of filling till you get the hang of rolling the egg-rolls.
- Seal the edges closed with the beaten egg. You will have more than enough filling for the wrappers. You can use the leftovers and mix with rice for tasty leftovers. Submerge each egg-roll in the hot oil. Turn once and cook until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with spicy mustard.
Hope you guys love this recipe as this is one of my favorites.