Nutella Flourless Cake

05:13 0 Comments A+ a-


I have to apologize. I haven’t posted anything Nutella in way too long (covering eyes with hands). The shame. I hope I can make it up to you with this peace offering. Cake. Who doesn’t love cake? Especially one that is a cross between a brownie and a cake and is overflowing with Nutella-liciousness. AND since it’s flour less it’s practically healthy right? If not, please don’t ruin it and tell me. I’m holding onto that one thank you. 
I’ve taken our uber popular FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE and modified it for us Nutella-holics. I’ve simply Taken out some of the chocolate and replaced it with Nutella. It’s rich, decadent and I swear you won’t miss the flour.
These are best eaten warm right out of the oven. If you wanted to drop a dollop of vanilla bean ice cream on top I wouldn’t stop you.
Baci!
What You Will Need:
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 6 ounces Hershey's milk chocolate chips
  • 2 ounces Nutella
  • 6 eggs, separated
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • powdered sugar - dusting
What To Do:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Spray 8 - 7 ounce ramekins OR a 9" spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
  3. Into a large microwave safe mixing bowl add butter, chocolate chips and Nutella. Use melt feature if available OR microwave at 30 second intervals stirring after each until completely melted.
  4. Let chocolate cool slightly. Whisk in egg yolks one at a time.
  5. Into your mixing bowl add egg whites. Using a whisk beat until stiff peaks are formed. Add sugar. Beat until glossy.
  6. To chocolate mixture add half of egg whites. Mix to combine. Carefully fold in remaining half. Equally distribute mixture between ramekins (or pour completely into 9" spring form pan)
  7. Bake for 35-45 minutes OR until cake pulls away from sides. Dust with powdered sugar.